26, 27, 28 February – Master Classes for Young Filmmakers One of the unique aspects of Pakistan International Film Festival (PIFF) is to create an upbeat learning environment for young aspiring Filmmakers/Screen Writers. A series of master classes mentored by the industry professionals would be organized for youngsters/students to learn the basics of trade in interactive sessions. The objectives of the master classes are to:
- Create an opportunity for selected individuals to interact with working professionals/mentors in film and media industry.
- Communicate the contemporary concepts of idea development, scripting and importance of pre-production techniques.
- Engage them through group work to sharpen their skills and large gathering of audiences with the experiences of struggle, hurdles and successes in an insightful panel discussion hosted by a female celebrity.
- Showcase the achievements in Film and TV through montage video presentation with VO to encapsulate the essence of the event.
- Enlighten the enthusiastic audiences consist of media professionals, journalists, Bloggers, young female professionals, students and working women about the impact of women’s contributions.
- Convey the message that women in Pakistan are not only playing a pivotal role in the growth of media and film industry but are the leaders in the new era of Film and TV.
- Establish the face of growing maturity and open-mindedness towards women in Film and TV industry in Pakistan.
- Empower the aspiring youth especially young girls to follow their dreams with determination and confidence.